Advertising Sales Assistant
- Riverside, CA, USA
With a full suite of multi-platform editorial and advertising products, Southern California News Group (SCNG) is one of the most powerful and influential media companies in Southern California. Our family of eleven (11) daily newspapers, associated websites, social media channels, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines and creative marketing services form a powerful communications tool that can drive your company’s message home in America’s 2nd largest market. We are an extensive, integrated network of local brands that attract local audiences in markets that matter.
As a Sales Assistant, you will work out of our Riverside office of the Press-Enterprise. This is a Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position with your main responsibilities to provide clerical support for the advertising sales department and meet customer service standards through a variety of functions and with minimal supervision. This position requires management of multiple projects simultaneously despite interruptions and distractions. You will also be expected to provide a high level of customer service and additional office duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- be able to type 45-50 wpm
- have strong verbal and written communications skills
- be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (required)
- one year of office experience (required)
- be a highly motivated self-starter who takes an initiative
- have strong computer skills, familiarity with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google for email, calendaring and documents
- be able to take directions well and think clearly under pressure
Let’s talk if you are organized, quick and able to complete detailed work under daily deadlines!
EXTRA AWESOME STUFF WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humor, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
Southern California News Group is an equal opportunity employer who supports a diverse workforce. We offer competitive wages and benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401(K) plan and more. Learn more about us by visiting www.socalnewsgroup.com