Pressman - Level 1
- Berthoud, CO, USA
Digital First Media is the parent company for Prairie Mountain Media and owns and operates over 90 brands nationwide.
The Berthoud Printing Center is a state-of-the art full service commercial printer.
We are hiring for an entry level Pressman to work the night shift in our Berthoud Printing Center. Position will operate stackers, stack printed materials, and move printing materials between locations within the plant. The position will prepare materials for pressroom and assist other Pressman as assigned.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or stackers to be moved and set-up.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or form pallets by hand.
- Operates hand pallet jack, electronic truck, and/or forklift to move articles before or after printing.
- Monitors stackers for proper operation; stops machine and attempts to correct malfunctions; notifies supervisor of malfunction if necessary.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist.
- Verify Pressroom has stock, plates, and ink for upcoming jobs.
- Stage supplies for upcoming jobs on schedule counts and record number of units of materials moved or handled by specific orders.
- Conveys materials between department's storage areas, loading areas, and printing presses.
- Assist press crew with make-ready's and wash-ups as directed by the Lead Pressman.
- Cleans machines and work area daily.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs to equipment. Assist with press maintenance as directed.
- Completes job forms and other department documents as necessary.
- Shares responsibility with team / department members for quality of outputs.
- Maintains neat and orderly department, implementing good housekeeping practices.
- Work towards becoming a Pressman Level 2+ while learning the machine operation
- 40 hours per week.
- Sunday - Tuesday 6PM - 6AM, Wednesday rotating shift 5PM - 11:30PM (wk1) and 11:30PM - 6AM (wk2).
- Arrive early to change into uniform and be ready to start shift on time.
- Schedule may flex occasionally depending upon the needs of the department and overtime.
Qualified job candidates will have:
- Ability to stand, bend, climb, reach and kneel repeatedly during a 12 hour shift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Work a flexible work schedule (day, evening and weekends)
- Ability to work overtime as requested and to work a 12 hour shift
- Must be willing to and successfully become forklift, electronic truck and pallet jack certified if hired
Compensation: $12.00 hour and must be willing to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.