Multi Media Reporter
- Berthoud, CO, USA
Prairie Mountain Media is a publishing company with a multimedia portfolio of print, niche and digital products. We house an extensive, integrated network of trusted local brands that deliver exclusive local news and attract local audiences throughout the State of Colorado, including the Akron, Boulder, Broomfield, Brush, Cañon City/Royal Gorge Region, Colorado Springs, Erie, Estes Park, Fort Morgan, Julesburg, Lafayette, Lamar, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Pueblo, Sterling and Superior markets.
Our 15 newspaper brands have served their respective communities for more than 100 years. They deliver more than 1.26 million print and 12 million digital impressions every month and proven results for advertisers large and small. We can extend your reach near and far with our sizable network of websites and partnerships with national powerhouses Digital First Media and Adtaxi. Our full range of digital advertising solutions also includes social, e-mail, search engine marketing and search engine optimization along with geo and behavioral targeting and re-targeting platforms.
Prairie Mountain Media delivers the best of Colorado, serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. Our award-winning coverage and numerous content delivery options endear us to an ever-growing number of readers. Our in-demand multimedia products and personalized marketing services form a powerful communications tool for our clients.
The Loveland Reporter-Herald is looking for a full time, aggressive, enterprising and inquisitive Multi Media Reporter who will be able to juggle breaking news, multiple daily stories and briefs, data-based trend pieces and longer term investigative projects. This reporter is responsible for covering police/courts and breaking news.
This person must develop sources within the law enforcement community, know their way around courts and court records, and be able to navigate a crime or accident scene.
We want someone who can report thoroughly and write quickly and clearly in high-pressure, deadline situations, as well as handle longer-term planning, development and execution of in-depth projects and series, including data reporting and analysis.
Furthermore, we are looking for someone with a full range of digital skills, with the ability to use social media, to shoot photos and video, and be willing and ready to learn and master the latest technologies to assist in news gathering and storytelling.
- Degree in journalism, communication or equivalent experience.
- The preferred candidate has at least two years of experience at a daily newspaper or online news outlet.
- Relevant experience news reporting and writing, shooting video, using social media, creating enterprising content.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong reporting, writing, organizational and story structure skills.
- Understands imperatives of emerging and existing platforms, including web, mobile and print.
- Beats production deadlines.
- Contributes to a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Experiments with new digital tools and platforms.
- Must be flexible to work Saturday's and holiday's on a rotational basis as well as odd hours if necessary/news requires.
- Must live in area/county or be willing to relocate (no relocation assistance offered).
- Must submit 2-3 writing samples with resume and application.
We are an equal opportunity employer who support a diverse workforce.