Multi Media Reporter
- Boulder, CO, USA
Prairie Mountain Media is a publishing company with a multimedia portfolio of print, niche and digital products. We house an extensive, integrated network of trusted local brands that deliver exclusive local news and attract local audiences throughout the State of Colorado, including the Akron, Boulder, Broomfield, Brush, Cañon City/Royal Gorge Region, Colorado Springs, Erie, Estes Park, Fort Morgan, Julesburg, Lafayette, Lamar, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Pueblo, Sterling and Superior markets.
Our 15 newspaper brands have served their respective communities for more than 100 years. They deliver more than 1.26 million print and 12 million digital impressions every month and proven results for advertisers large and small. We can extend your reach near and far with our sizable network of websites and partnerships with national powerhouses Digital First Media and Adtaxi. Our full range of digital advertising solutions also includes social, e-mail, search engine marketing and search engine optimization along with geo and behavioral targeting and re-targeting platforms.
Prairie Mountain Media delivers the best of Colorado, serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. Our award-winning coverage and numerous content delivery options endear us to an ever-growing number of readers. Our in-demand multimedia products and personalized marketing services form a powerful communications tool for our clients.
The Longmont Times Call is looking for two exceptional Full Time Multi Media Reporters who will be responsible for the speed, accuracy and quality of local information gathered and reported. These journalists are responsible for creating content, whether it is covering breaking news or creating longer-term enterprise news and feature content.
- Gathers information and writes journalistically sounds news elements in all media platforms, existing and future.
- Learns and employs all techniques for effective storytelling and beat development across all platforms.
- Post frequent and incremental posts throughout the day on various platforms.
- Understands and engages in story aggregation and posting of links.
- Treats the audience as partners and engages them in developing content.
- Monitors audience and community feedback, and constructively interacts in traditional ways and on existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Employs various means for monitoring audience interest and competitors posting on your community or topic, including setting up Google Alerts, Twitter and RSS feeds.
- Maintains communication with supervising editor and the production hub when necessary.
- Understands and uses hardware, software and cloud-based equipment and systems for direct-to-web production and engagement, including posting photographs, stories, databases and short videos.
- Works remotely using laptops and smart phones to create content and develop sources.
- Degree in journalism, communication or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience news reporting and writing, shooting video, using social media, creating enterprising content.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong reporting, writing, organizational and story structure skills.
- Understands imperatives of emerging and existing platforms, including web, mobile and print.
- Beats production deadlines.
- Has experience and comfort with significant institutional and cultural change.
- Contributes to a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Experiments with new digital tools and platforms.
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and odd hours if necessary.
- Must live in area/county or be willing to relocate (no relocation assistance offered).
- Must submit 3 writing samples with resume and application.
We are an equal opportunity employer who support a diverse workforce.