Inside Sales - Classified Representative
- Boulder, CO
Prairie Mountain Media is a publishing company with a multimedia portfolio of print, niche and digital products. We house an extensive, integrated network of trusted local brands that deliver exclusive local news and attract local audiences throughout the state of Colorado, including the Akron, Boulder, Broomfield, Brush, Cañon City/Royal Gorge Region, Colorado Springs, Erie, Estes Park, Fort Morgan, Julesburg, Lafayette, Lamar, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Pueblo, Sterling and Superior markets.
Our 15 newspaper brands have served their respective communities for more than 100 years. They deliver more than 1.26 million print and 12 million digital impressions every month and proven results for advertisers large and small. We can extend your reach near and far with our sizable network of websites and partnerships with national powerhouses, Digital First Media and Adtaxi. Our full range of digital advertising solutions also includes social, e-mail, search engine marketing and search engine optimization along with geo and behavioral targeting and retargeting platforms.
Prairie Mountain Media delivers the best of Colorado, serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. Our award-winning coverage and numerous content delivery options endear us to an ever-growing number of readers. Our in-demand multimedia products and personalized marketing services form a powerful communications tool for our clients.
Prairie Mountain Media is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our Sales Team.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you’ll achieve sales success and drive revenue by utilizing professional sales skills and applying knowledge of the newspapers’ print and omni-channel digital recruitment solutions, the markets’, competing media and the customer’s business to negotiate sales and provide marketing solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and service accounts by evaluating customer’s needs, utilize applicable research, make presentations, prepare written proposals, and close sales
- Develop new business via prospecting/cold calling
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of complete portfolio of sales solutions for current customers and new business
- Aggressively sell against competing media
- Assist in the development of effective ad copy and design layout
- Manage all orders and details necessary to proficiently perform the job, including accurately ordering ad insertions and adhering to production requirements; timely processing of credit adjustments and maintaining account files by following accounting/credit procedures; and preparing accurate monthly revenue projections
- Ensure good customer relations by handling all customer requests, questions and complaints, and facilitating their resolution through personal action and intervention and working with others
- One year’s sales experience
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated sales and customer service skills, including closing sales, overcoming objections, and dealing with difficult sales situations; retail experience will be considered
- Ability to work well with others in a deadline driven, competitive environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to operate independently without direct supervision
- Ability to work with numbers, including selling with research, analyzing and correcting bills, analyzing and interpreting reports, calculating rates and costs
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal skills
- Proficient in the use of software and computer systems … this job requires that all orders and processes are submitted via our computer applications and online systems
We are an equal opportunity employer who supports a diverse workforce.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and reliable transportation – position is 80% inside sales and 20% outside sales.
- Must live in Boulder area.