Advertising Account Executive
- Calabasas, CA
With a full suite of multi-platform editorial and advertising products, Southern California News Group (SCNG) is one of the most powerful and influential media companies in Southern California. Our family of eleven (11) daily newspapers, associated websites, social media channels, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines and creative marketing services forms a powerful communications tool that can drive your company’s message home in America’s 2nd largest market. We are an extensive, integrated network of local brands that attract local audiences in markets that matter.
SCNG is owned by Digital First Media (DFM), headquartered in Denver, CO. DFM reaches 60 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across the nation.
The Los Angeles Daily News, located in Woodland Hills, CA, is looking for an experienced outside sales representatives to join our advertising team. Our account executives sell and develop high-performance print and online marketing programs for local businesses. They are tasked with servicing existing accounts and developing new business.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of successful B2B advertising sales experience, experience with advertising agencies a plus
- Experience with programmatic RTB display ads, SEM, SEO, and Google Analytics
- Proficient in tracking, managing and optimizing online campaigns for optimal performance
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills
- Advanced sales training and experience in consultative sales, cold calling, diagnosing client needs, presentations, objections, closing, time management, client retention and problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal skills and be highly proficient in building and presenting recommendations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- A creative thinker with excellent customer service and organization skills; and the ability to build strong relationships and exercise excellent follow-up
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Google business applications for email, calendars, and cloud documents
- Be professional, outgoing and friendly with the ability to adapt sales techniques and presentations to fit the client
- Proficient at setting personal goals and achieving them
- Contribute to a positive, constructive and can-do atmosphere to make the department and company more effective
EXTRA AWESOME STUFF WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humor, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
Southern California News Group is an equal opportunity employer who support a diverse workforce. We offer competitive wages and benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401(K) plan and more. Learn more about us by visiting us at www.socalnewsgroup.com