Cyber Security Director
- Chicago, IL
Digital First Media has more than 800 multi-platform products including web, mobile, tablet and print. We have a combined total of over 75 million readers each month, and are the second largest Print publishing company in the United States.
Digital First Media is a leader in local, multi-platform news and information, distinguished by its award-winning, original content and high quality, diversified portfolio of local media assets. We offer local news and information web sites and mobile apps offering rich multimedia experiences across the nation.
Adtaxi is our in-house, client-centric digital agency that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, we help advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
The Cyber Security Director is responsible for keeping Computer Information Systems secure. This includes the safeguard of company data on servers, PC’s, and databases against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure through the use of hardware, software, and policy. This position will use a multi-layered approach including the promotion and training of users on security awareness in order to help meet those goals. The Cyber Security Director will be the expert on security in the company and will be consulted on many I.T. and business projects to ensure data integrity. They should be an expert in various Cyber security defenses such as Vulnerability Management, Server Whitelisting, exterior Web Defense, DDOS Protection, Email protection, as well as applications that are used in the Cyber Security field.
This is a high visibility position in the company and the person hired must be able to communicate well at both a novice level employee and very high ranking senior leaders.
General Knowledge & Skills:
· Previous Senior Cyber Security Role in a large company
· Performing risk assessment and mitigating those risks
· Policy creation in regards to Cyber Security
· Must be knowledgeable in PCI Compliance
· Training users in various mediums on Cyber Protection
· Past experience in a supervisory role preferred
· Able to work efficiently in a matrix organization
· Ability to complete complex projects across multiple sites using shared resources
· Process or change management experience a plus
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
· Cyber Technology and applications used in the industry preferred
· Experience with, but not limited to, the following applications are a big plus: Qradar, Bit9, Rapid7, Symantec antivirus, and Proofpoint
· Systems forensics to determine weak points of a system, or if a system is breached to determine what was done and what we need to do to protect the system moving forward
· Server configuration and setups
· Experience with networking, DC, DNS, DHCP, Google mail a plus
· Experience with Google DLP a plus
Education & Professional Credentials:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or related business experience
· 5+ years in a related field preferably in a large company
· Professional Certification a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer who supports a diverse workforce.
- Can work remote anywhere in the United States
- Ability to travel less than 10%
- Competitive salary plus AIP and benefits