Major Account Manager
- Saint Paul, MN
Who are we?
The St. Paul Pioneer Press & TwinCities.com, in partnership with AdTaxi, is a full-service media company. AdTaxi is a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Possessing the belief that people matter as much as technology, AdTaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions. Our diverse portfolio of products is our vehicle for success. But we place equal importance on our human talent. Our remarkable people – with their digital fluency, product knowledge, and ability to position our differentiators – are as important as the products themselves.
Do you have a passion for large, more complex sales? Are you good at finding sales opportunities inside an existing customer? Do you love using research and data to present solutions to customers?
TwinCites.com/St. Paul Pioneer Press is hiring for a Major Account Manager in our advertising department in beautiful St. Paul, MN.
Major Account Managers drive outside sales by calling on large local and regional advertisers in categories such as department, furniture, or home improvement stores, managing and developing strategic client relationships. This position requires a top level sales professional to introduce our suite of programmatic, SEM/SEO, social, video & print advertising products to high level clients and ad agencies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Meet with key decision makers & influencers, including internal or external ad agencies in order to understand how advertising impacts their bottom line.
- Discuss the value that our suite of products provides, and integrating that value as part of the solution that is delivered to the client.
- Propose campaigns that include multiple advertising products (digital & print) and ideas, when appropriate.
- Think both long and short term strategy when considering new initiatives and developing sales plans.
- Back up all recommendations with sound business/financial case including data.
- Leverage experience ‘best practices’ to create plans for category penetration and retention
- Valid drivers license
- 5-7 years proven major/large account business-to-business sales experience
- Strong digital media knowledge preferred.
- Documented record of achievement, examples of strategic planning experience & contract negotiation
- Experience calling on advertising agencies preferred.
- Strong initiative and desire to achieve
This is a full time position, based in St. Paul, MN. We offer salary plus commission, medical/dental benefits, 401k, paid holidays/vacation & use of company cars.
St. Paul Pioneer Press is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICANTS: Please complete our voluntary AA-EEO form for program reporting purposes. Completion of this form is completely voluntary. The information you provide in the form is not used in conjunction with your employment application nor is it used to make any hiring decisions.
Applicant AA-EEO Form: https://goo.gl/forms/ed5rbSfiXQcAFglJ2