- Saint Paul, MN
Who are we?
The St. Paul Pioneer Press & TwinCities.com, in partnership with AdTaxi, is a full-service media company. AdTaxi is a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Possessing the belief that people matter as much as technology, AdTaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions. Our diverse portfolio of products is our vehicle for success. But we place equal importance on our human talent. Our remarkable people – with their digital fluency, product knowledge, and ability to position our differentiators – are as important as the products themselves.
Analytic role within the Circulation Department working with cross functional teams to improve business performance. Works under the general direction of the Financial Director and or Vice President of Circulation. Works closely with both the Circulation and company management teams providing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting support with heavy emphasis on strategic planning initiatives.
• Develops financial analysis to support departmental objectives and strategic direction.
• Provides leadership for departmental budgeting and forecasting efforts.
• Works closely with department managers on process improvement efforts.
• Develops recommendations to enhance company reporting and data quality.
• Employs sophisticated financial and analytical concepts to define and measure business drivers and key metrics.
• Works closely with Finance management to enhance company financial performance through a variety of financial analysis and projects.
• Analyzes departmental financial results as well as external market trends and communicates key trends, issues, and potential problems.
A minimum of 2-3 years related experience; media experience with similar background preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service orientation required. Ability to work in a team and collaborative environment. Works well under deadline pressure. Ability to adapt and change course quickly a must. Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills are critical measures of success. Strong computer skills, including an expert level ability with Microsoft Excel as well as an ability to navigate and utilize other Microsoft Office and reporting packages. Experience with data extraction tools preferred.
This is a full time position, based in St. Paul, MN. We offer competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, 401k, paid holidays/vacation time.
St. Paul Pioneer Press is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.