Advertising Account Executive
- Denver, CO
The Denver Post, in partnership with Adtaxi, is a full-service media company, reaching more Denver-area adults every day of the week than any other medium in the market. The Denver Post’s diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, print and social media products includes Colorado’s largest daily newspaper, the state’s most-visited news website, DenverPost.com, and the largest network of websites, which includes DailyCamera.com and ColoradoDaily.com.
Adtaxi is a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, Adtaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
Who are you?
You are an Advertising Account Executive and a highly motivated and dynamic individual wanting to join our digital and print sales team. As a multi media advertising expert, you’ll work closely with clients within a specific category, assessing their advertising needs and offering creative digital solutions to help reach their objectives and better engage their customers.
What you will be doing:
• Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain all sales activities, from lead generation through close within the real estate category.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of the digital product portfolio (features, benefits, rates, etc.); use knowledge to overcome customer objectives.
• Develop prospecting leads using a variety of sources, including digital, radio, TV and direct mail
• Understand how the competition sells their products and services, including rates and specials
• Keep records of products sold to customers and look for ways to increase advertiser spend
• Create marketing presentations and update as needed.
• Create proposals while working with the client’s budget and also looking for growth opportunities
• Actively pursue and maintain an understanding of new digital trends in the media industry.
• Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
• Work with appropriate departments to create compelling media solutions for advertisers
• Work as a leader of the sales and support teams to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction
• 2+ years multi media advertising sales experience. Digital sales experience is preferred.
• College degree is preferred
• Experience and/or existing contacts within the education, real estate or auto category is a plus.
• Proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal)
• Excellent presentation, negotiation and customer relationship skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
• Strong new business development skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle in order to visit clients on site
You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humor, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
• Fun & Flexible workplace
• Free onsite gym
• Opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries
• PTO & Paid holidays
• Medical, dental, 401k, and other benefits
• Heated, covered parking downtown Denver