- Concord, CA
Bay Area News Group is the largest media outlet in the bay area. We have unique access to the Bay Area's highly-engaged, affluent audience in print, mobile, desktop across our many premium owned and operated websites as well as social channels which all leverage our rich 1st party data. Our award winning journalism team produces world class content across our dozens of platforms attracting a wide audience. We continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America’s 6th largest market.
Bay Area News Group is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Technician to provide electrical technical support in various departments in our Concord production facility. In this role you will:
- perform advanced electrical repairs on printing production systems equipment to include plateroom, press, packaging and offsite equipment, oftentimes under heavy deadline pressure
- prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints
- install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels
- test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as DVM, Megger, PLC Software and Oscilloscope
- observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement; and repair faulty equipment or systems.
Nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Full time position with competitive compensation packet and benefits.
We are looking for self starters who work well in a team environment and who can effectively communicate with multiple levels of management and across teams.
Must have minimum of 10 years of previous experience working in the industrial electronics field. Experience working in a printing production business is desired. This is a physical position where work areas are tight and requires frequent stooping, squatting, bending and reaching. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and work within deadlines.
Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Our mission is to connect communities by telling accurate and compelling stories that inform and make an impact. We're a watch-dog that looks out for those whose voices might otherwise be left unheard. We're built on tradition while we stand for change, and we embrace the passion that embodies the Bay Area's diverse and innovative culture.
Bay Area News Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.n will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.