Maintenance Mechanic / Machinist
- Concord, CA
Bay Area News Group is the largest media outlet in the bay area. We have unique access to the Bay Area's highly-engaged, affluent audience in print, mobile, desktop across our many premium owned and operated websites as well as social channels which all leverage our rich 1st party data. Our award winning journalism team produces world class content across our dozens of platforms attracting a wide audience. We continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America’s 6th largest market.
Bay Area News Group-East Bay is currently seeking experienced Maintenance Machinists to provide maintenance support in the production departments of our Concord facility. In this role you will work within a team based, self-managing environment to provide well maintained equipment in order to ensure quality product, on time and within budget.
- Monitor and trouble shooting newspaper production equipment during operation
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance offline as well as emergency repairs under deadline pressure.
- Work with chemicals to clean and prepare machinery for repairs and machining.
- Clean up tasks on press, warehouse, auxiliary equipment as necessary, including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks
- Electronic or mechanical devices including tools, hardware, software and other equipment used are: unit control panels, advanced press control systems, calibration equipment, prevision measuring equipment, basic hand and machine shop tools, PC and database program entry and forklift / clamp truck.
Must have 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Machinist on production equipment. Knowledge of printing and post press equipment helpful. Should be comfortable working with PC's and computer driven equipment, and post secondary schooling preferred.
Strong communication and problem solving skills required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly to handle materials and parts necessary to make repairs, and work within deadlines. Regular and reliable attendance is necessary.
Nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
We offer a competitive salary with a generous commission plan; health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401(k) plan, an employee assistance program. Training and career growth opportunities available. We are an equal opportunity employer.