Head of IT & Security
- Murang'a Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
- Employees can work remotely
About Digital Divide Data
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US-based non-profit, mission-driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are the main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development, and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
Purpose of the position
We are looking for an exceptional and strategic Information Technology Security Leader to own and build IT Security at Digital Divide Data and make an impact!
The Head of IT and Security will be responsible for business continuity by ensuring success of IT operations across the company. As part of being a cybersecurity specialist s/he will be vital to the organization’s ongoing viability and performance.
- Build out the security framework and roadmap to mirror and support DDD strategy, collaborating with various product security partners to bring together a complete and unified security roadmap.
- Be a focal point for the business to understand challenges and security impacts, and help the organization to understand those challenges and importance
- Build Security processes and platforms to Identify, Protect and Remediate Security risks to DDD. This will include leading the IT team, building security as a service platform and security develop culture to quickly enable the IT team to bring new ideas to build strong IT security for the organization.
- Manage the entire IT department, including Infrastructure, Systems, Networks, DevOps, IT Services and Cybersecurity
- Lead IT Team: Leverage your well-rounded background in the host, network, and application security to provide expert IT security recommendations. This will enable the technology and business teams to identify, prioritize, and in some cases, implement changes that will reduce the level of security risk at DDD.
- Perform risk assessment by performing global and cross-functional risk assessments of existing IT processes & solutions and participate in architecture/design reviews for new technology solutions to provide security-focused changes.
- Champion security culture and influence others to support security. Inclusive of your strategy will be an integral part of building security into our culture. You will own training, communications and have the opportunity to work with DDD's training team to define content and audiences for security training to ensure that employees do their part.
- Develop and lead the IT team through mentoring and coaching, managing workflow, performance, and expectations setting
- Report on the IT and IS relevant KPIs on a regular basis
- 5+ years in a Security Leadership Role - you are strategic and hands on.
- Must have extensive cloud management and cybersecurity implementation experience
- You have prior experience with technology stacks including AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience leading and supporting key IT projects and initiatives, and effectively communicating strategies across the team, Department and Business
- Proven ability to go from plan to execution, multi-task, and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with and lead distributed teams
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Have a broad understanding of how compliance with laws and regulations influences a Security strategy
- Industry certifications considered highly desirable include;
○ Certified Information Security Manager (CISM);
○ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
○ Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control; or
○ Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 19th May 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.