Junior Project Manager
- Murang'a Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
DDD transforms lives around the world through sustainable training and employment programs which provide a path to lifelong employment and opportunity. DDD believes talent has no boundaries--and opportunities shouldn’t either. We are constantly looking for great talent to join us in this great cause. You may visit our website for more information about our program (https://www.digitaldividedata.com) DDD is at the forefront of the Machine Learning where Machine learning teams and AI startups leverage DDD’s 500+ training data associates to prepare high-quality, structured training data sets at scale to train, test, and improve machine learning algorithms that deliver real-world applications
Salix Data as a client to Digital Data Divide leverages its high-quality people and services to have a positive impact on our customers by solving problems and delivering results while staying true to our core values of Service, Achievement, Leadership, Integrity, and Expertise.
SALIX is an award-winning small business that works with some of the largest companies in the world to address key data challenges. Started in 1999 by two brothers, SALIX has grown to have over 2,500 customers and a wide range of technical services that include Business Process Outsourcing, Forensic Collection, E-Discovery Processing, and Cyber Security. SALIX processors are treated as part of the team and are expected to provide insight and innovative ideas to the challenges that our customers are experiencing. The right candidate’s talents will be fully utilized and they will gain real-world experience in working for a growing, entrepreneurial company.
SALIX is a family-owned business headquartered in Cincinnati, with operations in India and Kenya. The average employee has been with SALIX for 8 years and has a mentality that they will fill whatever role that is necessary to meet the customers’ expectations on any given day.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the company’s plans and vision.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that associates understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring associates’ productivity, Prepare and submit performance reports and provide constructive feedback and coaching, orienting, and training associates; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain time-keeping, ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures, and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Pass on information from upper management to associates and vice versa
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Occasionally meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Team motivation and participate in appraisal processes
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Data entry
- A Diploma or degree in a management course (one in Project management is an added advantage)
- Proven experience as a supervisor or a relevant role
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Good, Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
A successful candidate for this position will be:
- Detail Oriented – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Positive Attitude – the culture at SALIX is very collaborative and we strive to provide an enjoyable work environment. We look for people that will enhance our culture.
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Willingness to think proactively and anticipate future needs
- Proven ability to solve complex problems methodically
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 6th Nov 2020.