Multimedia Designer/Content Creator
Diamond Kinetics is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Diamond Kinetics is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes quickly, and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging and exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same.
Our small, highly collaborative, growing software/R&D team is a great opportunity for talented engineers to impact our technology from the ground up.
The Multimedia Designer/Content Creator is responsible for ideating and creating content across multiple channels in support of Diamond Kinetics’ overall product and marketing strategies. This person will produce assets to drive consumer and customer engagement, demand, and revenue.
Success in this role is defined by the ability to maintain - while also adding to - the creative vision, direction, and beliefs of the Diamond Kinetics brand within each project contribution.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
Create Innovative and Engaging Content that Promotes DK App Features and Experiences
- Create strong, consistent and engaging content across all platforms and channels – with an emphasis on developing the visual assets.
- Brainstorm social media content to be part of a content publishing strategy and seasonal marketing efforts.
- Reflect and enhance the DK brand and voice in all deliverables across all channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of DK’s wide-ranging audience of players, parents, and coaches who are involved in the sports of baseball and softball from the youngest youth level to adult professional.
- Help the team determine the best method of execution – still photography, video, animation, or some combination.
- Produce organic content and paid media assets according to spec.
- Develop and deliver content with the marketing and product goal in mind (awareness, engagement, conversion).
- Work with internal and external photographers and videographers to coordinate and produce content.
- Assemble and edit videos to be used in social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Add motion graphics and animations to content to emphasize key points, enhance the story, and support business goals.
- Edit photos/static imagery to produce digital ad units and assets.
- Consistently deliver multiple, high-level creative projects simultaneously, on time and on budget.
Be Customer-Centric and Leverage Functional Expertise to Create Value
- Understand and apply knowledge about the sports of baseball and softball and the activity cycle of players and coaches throughout the year – stay current.
- Understand Diamond Kinetics’ technology, products, and services at a very deep level.
- Understand partner requirements, expectations, and needs.
- Deliver partner projects that create value.
- Apply expert understanding of the role and primary audiences across each social platform and how to leverage most effectively.
- Stay informed about functional industry/practices and emerging technologies and approaches.
- BA or BS in Graphic & Interactive Design, Multimedia, Animation/Visual Effects or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of consistent success in digital marketing and marketing content creation at scale in an agency or company marketing department.
- Depth of experience with digital tools, including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Mad After Effects Skills - create original, visual WOW moments but use templates in a pinch.
- Experience developing successful, engaging content across all social media platforms – uploading and building ads in those systems. Be prepared to show us work you’ve done.
- Proven project management skills demonstrating the ability to manage many different projects, deliverables, and timelines.
Core Competency Requirements
- Strong design sensibilities – ability to convey strategic thoughts visually.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated, organized and attention to detail.
Additional Desired Experience
- Digital Video and Photography experience with adept eye for composition and timing.
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience.
- Passion for baseball or softball and everything that surrounds the game.
- Unique and exciting opportunity to work at an MLB-backed early-stage company
- Flexible work environment in our office in Pittsburgh, PA, or remotely in US time zones
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation package
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal-opportunity employer
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Diamond Kinetics may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, at its discretion. Diamond Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.