Director of Content Programming & Production
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Diamond Kinetics is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
The Director of Content Programming & Production produces high-quality digital content, primarily video, to be used in DK’s mobile apps as well as in key media channels. This role sits at the intersection of DK’s Product team and Marketing arm. It is a key collaborative role that will work strategically with the Director of Product and Director of Marketing to define DK’s content roadmap while also working closely with Marketing and Product & Development teams to ensure the creative vision is achieved and implemented properly.
The Director of Content Programming & Production will oversee all pre-production, production, and post-product efforts when it comes to video & photo assets developed for DK. This person will own all logistics and management leading up to a shoot. On the day(s) of the shoot, this person serve as the director and field producer on set, ensuring everything runs smoothly and on time, while also playing an integral role in creative direction and quality control to make sure the crew is capturing everything that was discussed in pre-production. After shooting is complete, the Director of Content Programming & Production will work very closely with editors and DK’s Creative Lead to ensure the final product achieves the desired creative vision and meets strategic objectives.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Responsibilities & Core Competencies:
- Understand DK’s overall product roadmap and marketing strategy in order to prioritize video/photo projects, build production calendars, and carry out production through all its various phases.
- Have Creative Vision. Help conceptualize ‘big ideas’ with an understanding and ability to leg-out videos in an attainable manner.
- Coordinate with Baseball and Softball experts to conceptualize content, define requirements, and develop content outlines
- Oversee script development, storyboards, and creative brief writing
- Understand how creative & content is used inside the DK mobile apps as well as all phases of the marketing funnel. Video content will serve different purposes and must be created as such.
- Plan video shoots. Scout, select and reserve shoot locations. Line up production crews, talent, necessary equipment, and props.
- Establish and manage timelines. Be comfortable managing tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Set and manage budgets.
- Oversee the shoot and set. Facilitate logistics the day(s) of the shoot to ensure everything runs according to schedule and shot-lists are hit. Where necessary, act as the director and field producer during filming.
- Post Production – work with editors to oversee the final cut. Critique creative execution during the editing process and collaborate with DK’s Creative Lead to ensure all assets developed are on-brand.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to organize and manage DK’s video library.
- Understand how to integrate influencer content and coordinate with partners who may supply content or be integrated into DK’s content production process.
- At times, be able to deliver real-time/live content. Be available for occasional off-hour (weeknights and weekend) creative deliverables in support of live events.
- Manage a reliable ‘stable’ of freelancers to carry out shoots and produce content. If and when the time comes to move video/editing resources in-house – oversee the hiring and management of an internal team.
- Bring creative solutions to business and marketing initiatives. Be a proactive problem solver.
- A degree in film, media, or another relevant field.
- 7-10 years production experience working on film sets or as part of a production team.
- Experience producing video content at scale for broadcast and/or social media channels. YouTube expertise a plus.
- Experience in baseball/softball marketing and/or playing baseball/softball at a high level is strongly recommended to help streamline concepts, ideation, and executional accuracy. s
- A passion for storytelling with a keen sense of visual style (adhering to a brand).
- Proven ability to write & shoot compelling narratives that keep the viewer engaged.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Experience with basic filming equipment.
- Strong understanding of digital video trends, platforms and formats.
- Experience managing a team.
- Working knowledge of production paperwork including film permits, gear quotes, freelancer contracts, and other production related components.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with upbeat urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven project management skills demonstrating ability to manage many different projects, deliverables and timelines.
- Background working on Apple / Mac / iOS platforms is greatly preferred.
- Portfolio required.
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced sports tech company
- Diamond Kinetics provides a flexible work environment. It is preferred this person reside in the Pittsburgh area but not required
- Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options and retirement savings plan with company match
- Reliable ground transportation vehicle and clean driving record
- Some overnight travel required including weekends and holidays
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer
- Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, health insurance, and retirement plan
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer