Marketing Communication Specialist
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Diamond Kinetics is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
The Marketing Communication Specialist will participate in the creative process and will be responsible for copywriting - developing headlines and long-form copy across a wide range of media executions that are on strategy, engaging, grammatically correct and appropriately tailored to specific audiences and channels. The Marketing Communication Specialist will also assist in managing DK’s social platforms including development of posts, execution, and seizing on reactive/organic opportunities; all with the goal of building and engaging a range of audiences. This person will assist members of the Marketing team with collection and analysis of data from disparate sources in order to understand and improve effectiveness and efficiency of DK’s marketing tactics. With a strong understanding of the editorial calendar and workflow process, the Marketing Communication Specialist will assist with project management to ensure all content is delivered, approved, and trafficked on time.
This position will report to the Creative Lead in the Marketing Department.
Responsibilities & Core Competencies:
- Contribute to marketing content creation, posting, management, and analysis.
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy for digital and traditional marketing efforts, including but not limited to social media, blog posts, web pages, emails, and print collateral.
- Build a deep understanding of DK products, target audience, and competitors’ activities in the marketplace.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the creative & marketing team.
- Present initial ideas to DK’s Creative Lead and Director of Marketing. Edit and revise work as necessary.
- Help manage DK’s social media properties, including but not limited to posting, community management, and preparing analysis/reports on creative & content performance.
- Understand best practices for social media – how to optimize content for each platform based on the target audience and marketing goals.
- Be able to develop & deliver real-time content.
- Be comfortable capturing content with a phone/camera and/or participating in larger more structured video shoots.
- Be available for occasional off-hour (weeknights and weekend) creative deliverables in support of live events.
- Manage tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree – emphasis in communications, journalism, or marketing.
- 1- 2 years of professional experience in marketing with an emphasis in writing and/or social media management. Sports marketing experience a big plus.
- Played competitive baseball/softball at least to the high school level (collegiate level a plus). This is important because the candidate will need to convey sport-related concepts and terminology succinctly.
- Exceptional writer having demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Ability to create short-form and long-form digital content that is right for specific platforms (social, blog, website, email, etc.).
- Natural curiosity.
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Track record collaborating with graphic designers and/or videographers a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products
- Background working on Apple / Mac / iOS platforms.
Diamond Kinetics provides a flexible work environment, but it is preferred this person reside in the Pittsburgh area so that in-person collaborative meetings can occur (when permitted based on COVID safety protocols).
Expect to work occasional evening and weekend hours. Potential for limited travel.
Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, health insurance, and retirement plan
Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer