- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Diamond Kinetics’ is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
Job Function and Purpose
Diamond Kinetics is looking for a Creative Lead to help define, develop, and maintain a robust & unique social media presence while also driving the overall creative quality & output of the brand. This person will work closely with the Director of Marketing to evolve and execute the brand voice & personality and be directly responsible for delivering content that runs on core social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and more. Creative & content will also flow into other key digital channels including the website, Amazon storefront, email, and DK’s mobile apps.
The Creative Lead is responsible for driving the creative process from concept to execution, inclusive of visual design, copy, and calls to action while taking platform nuances into account for optimal performance.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will have one direct report at the outset with the opportunity to grow in terms of management responsibilities as well as strategic and creative ownership.
Responsibilities & Core Competencies:
- Understand the overall marketing strategy, participate & steer in monthly brainstorms and then direct creative resources, both internal and external, to produce & deliver content and ad units.
- Maintain strong skills in the necessary graphic design and video editing tools to act as a ‘player coach’ at times during the creative development process.
- Understand how creative & content is used in all phases of the marketing funnel – for awareness, engagement, conversion, retention, and advocacy.
- Bring creative solutions to business and marketing initiatives. Be a proactive problem solver.
- Conceptualize ‘big ideas’ with the ability to leg-out as photos, videos, and graphics with the intent of engaging our fans and supporting key business objectives.
- Plan & integrate influencer content and coordinate with partners who maintain their own channels that can amplify the Diamond Kinetics
- Understand best practices for social media – how to optimize content for each platform based on the target audience and marketing goals.
- Help the team determine best method of execution – still photography, video, animation, or some combination.
- Demonstrate a strong visual design sense and taste level, with an understanding of photo and videography principles. Be able to bring the DK brand to life!
- Be adept at optimizing content on a per channel basis; this includes proper file size, specs, and copy adaptations.
- Understand DK’s content calendar and publishing/ scheduling timelines to ensure creative & content is delivered on time.
- Be able to develop & deliver real-time content. Be available for occasional off-hour (weeknights and weekend) creative deliverables in support of live events.
- Be comfortable managing tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Manage a social media content creator who carries out video editing & graphic design tasks & deliverables.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in social media, advertising, publishing or marketing communications.
- Proven track record producing digital marketing content (social, email, mobile, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in creative, art, design, communications, social media marketing or related field.
- Proficiency with digital tools, including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Proven project management skills demonstrating the ability to manage many different projects, deliverables, and timelines.
- Background working on Apple / Mac / iOS platforms is greatly preferred.
- Experience in sports marketing and/or playing baseball/softball competitively is a big plus.
- Portfolio required.
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in an angel/venture backed early stage company
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Diamond Kinetics may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion. Diamond Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.