Embedded Algorithm Engineer
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Diamond Kinetics’ is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
Diamond Kinetics is seeking an Embedded Algorithm Engineer to help build the next generation of precision motion analytics. Diamond Kinetics is looking for a high performance individual interested in driving our existing IMU and computer vision technology to the next level.
As a development leader at Diamond Kinetics, you must be passionate about delivering accurate analytics built on top of cutting edge hardware, real-time embedded processing, and computer vision methods. Your work will supply the metrics that will guide the development of the next generation of baseball and softball players and fuel a new era of baseball analytics.
Job Function and Purpose
The Embedded Algorithm Engineer at Diamond Kinetics will lead the R&D efforts on top of our existing and next generation hardware in order to provide precision human performance data in the sports of baseball and softball. With expert level knowledge of digital signal processing, rigid body dynamics, sensor fusion algorithms, and optimal filtering, this role will serve as a subject matter expert to the Diamond Kinetics team and our partners in the development and accuracy of precision motion analytics.
In this role, you will join our team of experienced application developers, mechanical engineers, and sports marketers to design new system capabilities to enhance the accuracy of Diamond Kinetics’ precision IMU hardware for MLB organizations, NCAA teams, and every tech-interested parent and coach in baseball and softball. We hope to find someone equally as talented in the deep technical discussions as they are in the effective communication of such research to MLB, academia, and important business partners.
Diamond Kinetics’ team and our product offerings are growing quickly, so the role requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can also communicate to all levels of management.
- Development of motion analysis algorithms using IMU data sources in C and Python
- Analyze and improve algorithmic performance generally and specifically on embedded devices
- Development and extension of automated test suites to validate new and existing metrics
- Ability to accurately estimate time required for development tasks
- Development of computer vision algorithms & methods to facilitate baseball/softball player motion analysis
- Effectively engage with customers (coaches, players, and parents) during real-life use of the software developed
- Assist in the continued successful research and development life-cycle of the company
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math, or equivalent field of study
- 3+ years of industry experience with a track record of success in one of the following areas: inertial sensor fusion, digital signal processing, Kalman Filter and numerical optimization.
- Demonstrable experience in full life cycle of algorithm design, validation and deployment in one of the following topics: motion tracking, digital filtering, optimization
- Strong math, physics, and programming skills in order to implement complicated algorithms with high quality, elegant code
- Strong programming skills in C, C++ or Python
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills
Additional Desired Experience
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or equivalent field of study
- Played baseball or softball; understanding and passion for the games
- Experience implementing algorithms details in state of the art research papers
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
- Experience at the intersection of consumer hardware and software
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in an angel/venture backed early stage company
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Diamond Kinetics may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion. Diamond Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.