Senior Manager of e-Commerce
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Diamond Kinetics’ is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
Diamond Kinetics is actively seeking a Senior Manager of e-Commerce to own and drive consistent and significant revenue growth in our primary web-based sales channels – our online shop and our Amazon presence.
Responsible for e-Commerce strategy, revenue and channel efficiency, this person will hold a pivotal role at the company. The Senior Manager of e-Commerce will handle decision-making for the online shop and Amazon properties. This person must develop a deep understanding of DK’s target audience and then build & deploy conversion strategies that yield results.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager of e-Commerce position is results-oriented, organized, and analytical. It requires a proactive person with the ability to problem solve - often on the fly. This person must be creative, pragmatic and focused with a strong technical acumen.
The Senior Manager of e-Commerce will interact and collaborate daily with an interdisciplinary team cutting across tech, business, and marketing departments.
• Bring best-in-class and emerging e-Commerce strategies into DK to drive top-line revenue growth.
• Set DK’s e-Commerce Strategy and oversee its tactical execution.
• Forecast e-Commerce revenue – then set & manage budgets.
• Continually monitor & optimize DK’s online shop and Amazon sales channels.
• Ensure product listings are up-to-date and adhere to design & usability best practices.
• Implement conversion strategies, including but not limited to: coupons, promotions, cross-selling, upselling, bundling, live-chat, loyalty programs and targeting strategies based on purchase history or browsing behaviors.
• Create conversion funnels based on sport, audience segment, and product preference.
• Carry out landing page strategies and oversee testing (A/B, multivariate, etc.)
• Oversee the implementation of an SEO strategy.
• Conduct market and audience research.
• Develop insights that can improve e-Commerce *AND* overall marketing efforts.
• Run regular reports and prepare recommendations for DK’s leadership team.
• Coordinate with the Director of Marketing to help build overall marketing strategies and annual plans for the company.
• Manage the workflow to ensure website, shop, and Amazon deliverables align with marketing calendars, promotions, and technology releases.
• For e-Commerce purposes, maximize the use of DK’s marketing infrastructure tools – including email, CRM, web-analytics, help desk, and social media platforms.
• Show high proficiency relative to setting timelines, coordinating internal team resources, and marshaling external vendors to get projects done on-time and within budget.
• Successfully transfer knowledge/expertise to others via training and informal coaching.
• Collaborate with Chief Commercial Officer to manage external e-Tailer partners, maximizing revenue and ensuring DK’s e-Commerce strategy is applied consistently.
Be Customer-Centric & Leverage Functional Expertise to Create Ongoing Value
• Understand and apply knowledge about the sports of baseball and softball and the activity cycle of players, parents, and coaches throughout the year.
• Understand Diamond Kinetics’ technology, products and services at a very deep level.
• Understand internal and external customer requirements, expectations and needs.
• Deliver on commitments and create value for all customers.
• Stay informed about functional industry/practices and emerging technologies and approaches.
• BA or BS – Business/Communications/Marketing Preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
• 5-7 years of experience working in e-Commerce at a company focused in consumer-goods/services, ideally selling both physical and digital products (e.g.- subscription).
• Deep background in web-based merchandising and online retailing.
• Extensive experience managing websites and e-Commerce properties.
• Experience with WooCommerce and CMS systems such as WordPress.
• Expert-level knowledge selling on the Amazon platform.
• Strong understanding of usability best practices and heuristics.
• Experience implementing landing page strategies and website testing methodologies.
• Operational knowledge required to run market research and audience analysis.
• Proven track record driving-up sales revenue, improving conversion rates and increasing average cart value.
• Knowledge and experience implementing SEO programs – with ROI positive results.
• Experience forecasting sales, establishing budgets, and reporting on results
• Experience coordinating development, creative, and content teams
• Exposure to and working knowledge of SEM, Amazon campaigns, and broader digital marketing tactics.
• Base level knowledge of direct to consumer shipping processes & logistics (i.e., in-house fulfillment or 3rd-Party Fulfillment Partners)
• An understanding of email and/or CRM systems.
• Solid understanding of app development principles a plus
• Base-level knowledge of digital marketing tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, and GA a plus.
• Base-level knowledge of HTML and SQL principles a plus.
• Start-up and/or early-stage company experience a plus.
• Played competitive level amateur baseball or softball a plus.
• Applicants must currently reside in the Pittsburgh area.
• Requires reliable transportation to and from place of work.
• Expect to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Potential for limited travel.
• Flexible work environment
• Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, health insurance and 401K plan
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Diamond Kinetics may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion. Diamond Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.