Senior API/Cloud Engineer
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Diamond Kinetics (www.diamondkinetics.com) is commercializing revolutionary new technology to improve player performance in both baseball and softball. By leveraging issued patents from the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, Diamond Kinetics provides real time quantitative data, mechanics feedback and training guidance to drive performance improvement for amateur and professional baseball players and coaches.
Diamond Kinetics is fast-paced and performance-driven where responsibility and consistent success are required. Diamond Kinetics believes in stretching for growth as a company and as individual professionals. Our highly collaborative, growing software/R&D team seeks competitive, self-motivated people who do the same. Join the Diamond Kinetics team to impact our products and technology from the ground up.
Job Function and Purpose
The Senior API/Cloud Engineer is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the functionality of the Diamond Kinetics API & related subsystems. This position’s responsibility encompasses the server infrastructure that powers Diamond Kinetics’ mobile & web applications and all MLB/data-partner integrations. To facilitate our continued growth we seek an engineer who is skilled and passionate about server architecture, DevOps best practices, and performant API endpoints.
As a Senior API/Cloud Engineer at Diamond Kinetics, you will join our team of experienced application developers, mechanical engineers, and sports marketers to design new capabilities and applications that leverage Diamond Kinetics’ precision IMU hardware. Ideal candidates will have experience with Amazon Web Services, containerization, infrastructure-as-code, and a proven track record of deploying scalable backend services.
Diamond Kinetics’ team and our product offerings are growing quickly, so the role requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can also communicate to all levels of management.
- Enhance our cloud architecture to better support internal (apps/web) and external (MLB/data-partner) clients
- Work cross-functionally with R&D and other user-facing teams to create reusable and scalable architectures and toolsets
- Promote DevOps best-practices including continuous integration, system health reporting, centralized logging, and system scalability
- Maintain a high standard of user privacy while balancing the needs of partner data access needs and contractual obligations
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with integration partners in order to better serve their use-cases of our API
- Highly proficient with Java & the Spring Framework
- Deep understanding of DevOps, containers, public/private multi-cloud integration concepts and best practices
- Experienced with relational data modeling, database schemas, SQL query structure, ORM-mappers, and their impact on database performance
- 5+ years of software development experience with a track record of success
- Comfortable working in multiple languages across multiple architectures
- Demonstrable history of quickly picking up new languages and frameworks
Additional Desired Experience
- Played baseball or softball; understanding and passion for the games
- Comfortable with physics concepts and equations
- Comfortable developing in Python
- Some development experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early stage sports technology company
- Demanding performance-oriented work environment
- Role is based in Pittsburgh, PA – remote locations will not be considered
- Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options and 401K plan
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer