- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Diamond Kinetics enhances the games of baseball and softball by creating engaging experiences that help players improve and also have fun. We are the market leader in mobile motion technology and information that enables player development, superior equipment fitting, objective scouting and recruiting, and engagement-driven entertainment. We do this leveraging an exclusive license to issued patents from the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, deep technical expertise, key strategic partnerships and our love for the game.
Diamond Kinetics is a fast-paced, venture backed company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same.
The Finance Manager is a full-time role requiring an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and organization skills. He or she will work directly with DK’s leadership team (reporting to the Chief Financial Officer) and accounting firm to:
- Oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Cash Management, A/R, A/P, and Inventory Control.
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls, policies, procedures and reporting systems to safeguard and insure maximum return on DK assets, with all reporting prepared in compliance with US GAAP.
Manage Processes, Financial Software, Develop Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management.
- Oversee all general accounting functions, including cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, revenue recognition, balance sheet management and inventory management
- Manage daily / weekly / monthly bookkeeping responsibilities, including invoice / receipt entry, check preparation, invoice preparation and accounts receivable management.
- Insure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP reporting requirements. Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company activities, including involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions/financings.
- Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Support the leadership team through various reporting functions that include
- Regular Accounts Receivable and Payable reporting
- Monthly Dashboard development and reporting
- Assistance in preparing Board Meeting materials
- Maintain significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups. Monitor and reconcile CRM information with contracts, processing credit card payments, managing invoicing and regular A/R reporting.
- Work closely with outside accounting firm on annual tax return preparation, tax credit and policy management, 409A valuations and audits.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage relationships internally and externally
- Strong organization and collaboration skills
- Apply technical/functional expertise to deliver results
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Manages and improves performance and processes
- 5 years of experience in accounting and financial operating support, preferably with an early stage company
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated expertise using in SMB accounting systems, Quickbooks, MS Office, and CRM systems
Additional Desired Experience
- Early stage venture experience
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in an angel/venture backed early stage company
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Overnight travel may be required for this position but it is expected to be infrequent
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer