Digital Marketing Content Creator
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Diamond Kinetics enhances the games of baseball and softball by creating engaging experiences that help players improve and also have fun.
We are the market leader in mobile motion technology and information that enables player development, superior equipment fitting, objective scouting and recruiting, and engagement-driven entertainment. We do this leveraging an exclusive license to issued patents from the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, deep technical expertise, key strategic partnerships and our love for the game.
Diamond Kinetics is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same.
The Digital Marketing Content Creator is responsible for ideating and creating content and the digital assets in support of Diamond Kinetics’ overall marketing and partner marketing strategies to drive consumer and customer engagement, demand and revenue.
Success in this role is defined by the ability to maintain - while also adding to - the creative vision, direction and beliefs of the Diamond Kinetics brand within each project contribution.
Create Innovative and Engaging Content
- Create strong, consistent and engaging digital content across all platforms and channels – with an emphasis on developing the visual assets.
- Brainstorm social media content to be part of a content publishing strategy and seasonal marketing efforts.
- Reflect and enhance the DK brand and voice in all deliverables across all channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of DK’s wide-ranging audience of players, parents, and coaches who are involved in the sports of baseball and softball from the youngest youth level to adult professional.
- Help the team determine best method of execution – still photography, video, animation, or some combination.
- Produce organic content and paid media assets according to spec.
- Develop and deliver content with the marketing goal in mind (awareness, engagement, conversion).
- Develop and deliver content with the channel and placement in mind – single image, carousel, video, dynamic, etc.
- Directly upload and build ads in platform – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and others.
- Work with external photographers and videographers to coordinate pre-production specs and file transfer protocols.
- Oversee DK’s photo & video file storage.
- Participate in photo and video shoots – and at times directly capture photos and videos.
- Assemble and edit short-form videos to be used in social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Add motion graphics and animations to content to emphasize key points, enhance the story, and support business goals.
- Edit photos/static imagery to produce digital ad units and assets.
- Coordinate with other internal and external creative resources to ensure production of traditional marketing materials (collateral, print, signage, POS).
- Challenge traditional marketing ideas and bring fresh, executable ideas and approaches to design, digital content and other marketing applications each day.
Coordinate and Execute Plans
- Collaborate and coordinate activities within the team to ensure solutions fulfill the strategic vision of the company and are integrated into effective communications that helps drive sales and marketing results.
- Demonstrate a consistent high level of initiative to develop and complete assigned projects, with a keen eye on timelines and deadlines.
- Consistently deliver multiple design, visual and written content projects simultaneously, on time and on budget.
Be Customer-Centric and Leverage Functional Expertise to Create Value
- Understand and apply knowledge about the sports of baseball and softball and the activity cycle of players and coaches throughout the year – stay current.
- Understand Diamond Kinetics’ technology, products and services at a very deep level.
- Understand internal and external customer requirements, expectations and needs
- Deliver on commitments and create value for all customers.
- Apply expert understanding of the role and primary audiences across each social platform and how to leverage most effectively.
- Stay informed about functional industry/practices and emerging technologies and approaches.
- BA or BS in Graphic & Interactive Design, Multimedia, Animation/Visual Effects or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of consistent success in digital marketing and marketing content creation on the agency and/or client side.
- Depth of experience with digital tools, including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier Pro After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator), Final Cut Pro, HTML, CSS, Wordpress and similar digital toolsets.
- Experience developing successful, engaging content across all social media platforms – uploading and building ads in those systems. Be prepared to show us work you’ve done.
- Proven project management skills demonstrating ability to manage many different projects, deliverables and timelines.
Core Competency Requirements
- Strong design sensibilities – ability to convey strategic thoughts visually.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Team player.
Additional Desired Experience
- Digital photography or video hobbyist with adept eye for photos/videos.
- Base-level knowledge of Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, and GA.
- An understanding of email and/or CRM systems.
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
- Played competitive level amateur baseball or softball.
- Applicants must currently reside in the Pittsburgh area
- Requires reliable transportation to and from place of work
- Expect to work occasional evening and weekend hours. Potential for limited travel.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, health insurance and 401K plan
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Diamond Kinetics may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion. Diamond Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.