Mobile Software Developer
- 700 River Ave., Pittsburgh, PA
Diamond Kinetics (http://www.diamondkinetics.com) is actively commercializing a revolutionary new technology platform to improve player performance in both baseball and softball. Leveraging an exclusive license to issued patents from the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, Diamond Kinetics is able to provide real time quantitative data, mechanics feedback and training guidance to drive performance improvement for amateur and professional athletes and coaches. We provide all of this via mobile and web applications in an effort to create a dynamic new community for players and coaches centered around motion data.
Diamond Kinetics is a fast-paced, performance-driven early stage company where responsibility comes fast and consistent success is a requirement. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company and as professionals and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same. Our small, but growing software/R&D team is a great opportunity impact our technology from the ground up.
The Mobile Software Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of native mobile code on the iOS operating systems. This person utilizes their knowledge of mobile development and hardware capabilities to work closely with the rest of the development team on execution of the optimal mobile development strategy. This position will require both native mobile development experience as well as competency with web applications and services.
The role requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can communicate to all levels of management.
● Development of Objective-C iOS applications and related network services
● Maintenance and development of Open GL 3D scene rendering
● Ability to accurately estimate time required for development tasks
● Effectively engage with customers (coaches, players, and parents) during real-life use of the mobile software developed
● Assist in the continued successful software development life cycle of the company
● B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Networking, or equivalent field of study
● 1-5 years of industry experience with a track record of success in product development and deployment
● Demonstrable experience in native iOS development
● Highly proficient in Agile development
● Knowledge of mobile web development (HTML, CSS, JS) best practices, frameworks, and patterns
Additional Desired Experience
● MS in Computer Science or MBA a plus
● Played baseball or softball; understanding and passion for the games
● Comfortable with advanced physics concepts and equations
● Experience with Apple’s Core Bluetooth library
● Android development experience
● Startup and/or earlystage company experience
● Experience at the intersection of consumer hardware and software
● Unique, exciting opportunity to work in an angel/venture backed early stage company
● Flexible work environment
● Competitive compensation package
● Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer