- Pittsburgh, PA
Diamond Kinetics (http://www.diamondkinetics.com) is actively commercializing a revolutionary new technology platform to improve player performance in both baseball and softball. Leveraging an exclusive license to issued patents from the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, Diamond Kinetics is able to provide real time quantitative data, mechanics feedback and training guidance to drive performance improvement for amateur and professional athletes and coaches. We provide all of this via mobile and web applications in an effort to create a dynamic new community for players and coaches centered around motion data.
Diamond Kinetics is a fast-paced, performance-driven early stage company where responsibility comes fast and consistent success is a requirement. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company and as professionals and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same.
The Back-End Engineer is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the functionality of the Diamond Kinetics API & related subsystems. This position’s responsibility encompasses the application infrastructure that powers Diamond Kinetics’ mobile & web applications, client API requests, and partner integrations. As the company grows into new and exciting opportunities within the sports of baseball & softball we seek an engineer who is passionate about server architecture, DevOps, and performant API endpoints.
As a Back-End Engineer at Diamond Kinetics, you will join our team of experienced application developers, mechanical engineers, and sports marketers to design new capabilities and applications that leverage Diamond Kinetics’ precision IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) hardware. Ideal candidates will have experience with Amazon Web Services, continuous integration, and a proven track record of deploying scalable back-end services.
Diamond Kinetics’ team and our product offerings are growing quickly, so the role requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can also communicate to all levels of management.
● Build & enhance the back-end architecture in support of our growing product offerings and partnership opportunities
● Promote DevOps best-practices including continuous integration, architecture-as-code, system health reporting, centralized logging, and system scalability
● Work cross-functionally with R&D and other user-facing teams to create reusable and scalable architectures and toolsets
● Communicate and collaborate effectively with integration partners in order to better serve their use-cases of our API
● 3-5 years of software development experience with a track record of success
● Comfortable working in multiple languages across multiple architectures
● Demonstrable history of quickly picking up new languages and frameworks
● Deep understanding of relational data modeling, database schemas, SQL query structure, ORM-mappers, and their impact on database performance
● Proficient in Java, Python, and C
● Comfortable building upon DevOps concepts and best practices to a diverse group of engineers
Additional Desired Experience
● Comfortable with physics concepts and equations
● Some development experience with HTML/CSS/JS
● Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
● Unique, exciting opportunity to work in an angel/venture backed early stage company
● Flexible work environment
● Competitive compensation package
● Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer