Sunrise Sewing Operator (M-F 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
- 145 Cane Creek Industrial Park Rd, Fletcher, NC 28732, USA
Become a part of the Sewing Revolution!
Diamond Brand is seeking to hire Sewing Operators in our Fletcher, NC production facility for 1st shift (6 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday). Sewing Operators are an integral part of the team, producing high-quality outdoor gear that is crafted with care and made with sustainability in mind. As a living wage certified employer in Henderson County, we are committed to training quality talent (with no experience necessary) who are passionate about adventure, authenticity, inclusion, and reliability. Aside from a competitive starting wage, Diamond Brand offers a full benefits package, tuition reimbursement, discounted gear, company sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, participation in our gain-sharing program, and an open environment where sharing innovative ideas for improvement is encouraged.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
1. Works on small teams doing a standard work loop for a specific product line
2. Operates several different sewing machines as part of any standard work loop
3. Operates programmable tackers, single needle machines, double needle machines, use of folders and tooling for specific products
4. Ensures the quality of sew to match sewn samples in line
5. Maintains production schedule to meet daily or hourly goals for established quantities
6. Provides feedback to supervisor on process improvements to safety, quality and/or production efficiency
7. Examines and relays knowledge on similarities from one product to the next
1). Fast paced environment with moderate noise
1). Need to have sound hand-eye coordination and be able to cope with moderate physical effort
2). Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job function required for this position
3). Must be able to sit at the sewing machine for extended periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sewing: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
1. Manufacturing process knowledge a plus
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Dedication to learning and perfecting a skill
1. Previous sewing experience preferred, but not required.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.