WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in Sudbury ON this position works alongside our Chef Manager to produce, fresh, scratch made meals to our guests.
The Sous Chef, reporting to the Chef Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the kitchen; ordering food ingredients and planning menus; assisting with the preparation, serving, and control of cooked and uncooked food; training of staff, and ensuring that staff follows prescribed Dana Hospitality Food Safety protocols.
Your work will include:
- Overseeing the day to day operations in cooperation with the Chef Manager
- Preparing, presenting, designing, and serving fresh scratch menus
- Ensuring all foods are prepared using FOODSAFE protocols and in accordance with Dana Hospitality
- Ensuring food and labor resources managed within budgeted guidelines
- Manage, record, and report inventory on a bi-weekly basis
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passionate and committed individual looking for growth
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality / food service industry
- You have knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, GFS, Outlook)
- You have extensive knowledge of menu and labour costing
- You have an effective leadership style, positive outgoing personality and effective listening skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Full Benefits to commence upon employment.
- Work Life Balance
- Opportunity for growth
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Follow Dana Hospitality Canada’s Food Service Provider of Choice | Dana Hospitality (dexterra.com).
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.