Crane & Yard Lead Hand
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As the Crane & Yard Lead Hand, reporting to the Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative world-class modular projects. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a committed team player with the ability to supervise a diverse project team. The successful candidate will be involved early with many aspects of the project. You will provide direction and leadership to Crane Operators to ensure timely project completions. You will be responsible for contributions in the Scope of Work review, Project Planning, Scheduling, Project QC, and Shipping requirements. This position requires leadership and hands-on work depending on the project requirements. Your focus will be the success of the project! You will make sure your team is versed in all aspect of the project.
This is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires a strong understanding of HSEQ policies and procedures.
Your work will include:
Review Upcoming Work:
- Actively participate pre-shift meetings to review daily and weekly tasks, schedule and resource requirements and roadblock items.
- Control the movement of buildings on the production line from station to station on a daily basis.
- Take lead on setting up new buildings in preproduction stages and the splitting buildings once ready to ship.
- Working with the Supervisor to review build plans; creating, and executing a plan for setting floors and roofs together during buildings 3D process.
- QC all material prior to allocating for use.
- Review and provide input in resource capacity with the Supervisor.
- Assign daily and weekly tasks to team to achieve production milestones.
- Understand critical path and build order of the project.
- Adhere to Project Management scheduled milestones, scope of work, and QC requirements.
- Conduct daily pre-shift toolbox meetings with the team to review production plan, schedule, milestones, QC, Safety, material, and task codes.
- Contribute to a shipping plan by confirming project QC, Ship loose, loading and trucking requirements.
- Inspect project condition prior to shipping date for defects or damages. Perform project QC as required to document the build process.
- Ensure Sub-contractor work and material is correct and as per the scope prior to shipping.
- Ensure project is followed, with schedule milestones adhered, quality and efficiency maintained.
- Monitor work activities, give directions to department Lead Hands and employees.
- Make sure the team knows their accountability with tools, material, drawings, and milestones.
- Perform plant and yard housekeeping inspections every day.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2 years of experience in production/construction.
- Rigging and hoisting experience required.
- Experience with a variety of materials, considered an asset for craning and rigging.
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills.
- Good communication, listening, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated, hardworking, and able to work in a fast-paced environment, team player and safety oriented.
- Recommended safety certificates such as: Certified Rigger and Crane Operator Certificate, Signal person NCCER, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, First-Aid, Forklift.
- Must be computer literate with sound working knowledge applicable Safety and Project software.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.