WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a Dishwasher, reporting to the Food Services and Catering Manager at Stanton Territorial Hospital, you will execute kitchen activities including dish/pot washing and general cleaning duties. Operate dish washing equipment in a safe and secure manner; ensuring proper usage of cleaning supplies and procedures to ensure cleanliness and sanitation.
Your work will include:
- Restock cleaning pots, dishes and utensils.
- Sweep, mop, maintain overall cleanliness the kitchen floor and dish room.
- Take out garbage, compost and recyclables.
- Follow safety and health-related regulations, report injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Follows HACCP Regulations with respect to recording dish machine Temperatures (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) and sanitizer strength (Manual dishwashing).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- 1 year experience in similar role
- Experience in fine dining hospitality and/or full service senior living preferred
- Basic (Level 1) Food Safe Certificate mandatory
- Successful Vulnerable Police Check is mandatory
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (oral and written)
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant cleaning best practices
- Cleaning of pots, dishes, utensils
- Sweep, mop and maintain overall cleanliness of dishroom area
- Removal of garb ages, compost and recyclables
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
- Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a busy environment
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Reliable, with attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to high cleaning standards
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor &/or Manager
- Must be available to work flexible shifts, days, evenings, and weekends, as per posted schedule.
- Physical demand includes, but are not limited to walking, standing, reaching, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment, as well as exposure to cold
- Long periods of standing
- Vulnerable police check is mandatory
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.