- Hourly Rate: $25.00
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is 14 days on and 14 days off, with 12-hourworkdays. Transportation from site to the closest major airport to your address is provided.
The Sous Chef is responsible for all culinary operations on site and will oversee all aspects of service including housekeeping. The Sous Chef will work with the Operations team to ensure food service remains at the company quality standard while maintaining adequate food costs set by the District Manager
- Cooking exceptional food with an emphasis on from-scratch methods and quality.
- Managing aspects of food delivery in designated kitchen
- Inventory management, product selection, and menu creation in collaboration with Lodge Manager
- Completing the order as required, using the approved order guide
- Management of day-to-day kitchen operations and timelines.
- Shadow and supervise all positions.
- Enforce health and safety procedures.
- Audit all kitchen logs daily.
- Participation in FTQ360 Quality Assurance Program.
- Training, developing, and mentoring general helpers and kitchen staff.
- Proactive performance management, coaching, and mentoring with all kitchen employees.
- Monthly inspection of all safety equipment (first aid kits, burn kits, eye wash stations).
- Monthly inspection of SDS sheets to ensure compliance.
- Cleanliness and tidiness of kitchen.
- Organization of fridges, coolers, and dry storage.
- Review schedule on a weekly basis and coordinate staff
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years of professional cooking experience
- Red Seal designation or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years as a Sous Chef or equivalent
- Remote camp or high-volume catering experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Valid Advanced Food Safety certificate
- Valid First Aid Certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office365, SharePoint, Excel, etc.)
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check
- Education in Food and Beverage or Hospitality Management considered an asset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.