- Salaried Position Job Grade/Poste salarié Grade de poste: Job Grade 2/Niveau d'emploi 2
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Maintenance Worker, you will plan and carry out all planned and non-planned maintenance to the facilities, equipment, tooling, and systems. You will also request materials and subcontractor PO’s, and will oversee any third-party technician that works directly for the Maintenance department.
Your work will include:
- Able to take daily direction and assignments from the Maintenance Manager
- Small Tool, Automation, Vehicles and Equipment repairs
- Compressed air regulator maintenance/repair/installation
- Repair/replace water faucets, water valves, flush valves
- Small drywall repairs/ paint touch ups
- Replace HVAC filters on roof top units
- Monthly inspections of Fire Extinguishers, Eyewash Stations, Smoke detectors, emergency lighting, air regulator stations
- Aid in yard conditions: gravel spreading, pothole repairs, snow removal/ clearing/ scraping/ sanding/ salting
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Basic knowledge and experience with any of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting.
- Work requires practical knowledge of the application of mechanics, small engine repair, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Leadership qualities include ability to instruct and maintain effective and efficient productivity from departmental personnel.
- Good communication & organization skills for reporting and assignments
- Physically fit an able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License for local pickups and drop offs
- Basic Knowledge of the OHSA
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.