- Hourly Rate: $23.81
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Based in a world class camp facility, the regular shift for this position is 20:10 rotation (20 days working and then, 10 days off) at 10-11 hours per day. Transportation is provided to site from pickup points in Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, Prince George and Terrace. Class 5 Driver's License (without restriction) is mandatory for this role.
Make an Impact
The Industrial Janitor is responsible for creating and maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities to the highest level. As these are large sites, this position involves a great amount of driving, walking, moving from rooms to rooms located in various site facilities.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol, fitness testing as a condition of employment.
Maintaining cleanliness in an industrial construction setting and area that includes: sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, washing windows, interior walls and ceilings vents; vacuuming and sanitizing all areas in camp including:
- Main Entrances
- Office areas
- Utility Room
- Gym and recreation room
- Laundry Room
- Waxing and stripping floors
- Conducting site inspections
- Removing snow from hallways, sidewalks, driveways as required
- Emptying garbage daily, and disinfecting the containers
- Ensuring health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
- Assisting with checking inventories and cleaning supplies
- Performing other related duties as required
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Knowledge of standard commercial janitorial cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Related experience in camp setting or hotel/institutional environment preferred; commercial cleaning is considered an asset
- Required: CTEC or Defensive Driver training
- Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and organize a work schedule
- Strong customer service focus and ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 35 pounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others; and
- You have WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certification
- You have a First Aid certification
- Ideally, you have HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), Basic and Advanced Food Safe training - job or site specific
- You must possess a strong knowledge of commercial janitorial duties.
- Other duties as required
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.