WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
- Create dishes that are made from scratch using products that are grown and sourced locally
- Work alongside staff to create healthy and delicious meals to be served to our guests, paying attention to not only taste but also presentation and the food service experience
- Get to know our customers, building a relationship and listening to their feedback to help improve our culinary offerings and service
- Champion the Dana Hospitality brand; embrace local suppliers and local sourcing opportunities, create delicious food items using preparation techniques that maintain the nutritious content of the food, create as many items from scratch as possible, and empower the staff to be adaptive and willing to change directions to accommodate customer requests
- Assist in managing the aspects of the business which can include; cash flow, budget, staff training, talent management, client and customer relations, inventory, food health and safety, and overall operational excellence
- Maintain and implement any new Company procedures and programs including diet and allergy awareness
- Develop a team you can be proud of by recruiting, training, coaching, and motivating your team to take ownership of their roles
- Work closely with our operations team to establish goals and strategies to continuously improve the units performance
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or formal culinary training
- 3+ years of recent related experience in the food service industry working with high volume culinary teams
- FoodSafe certified.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations regarding the food service industry
- Superior communication skills in verbal and written English
- Excellent culinary tastes and an artistic flair for creating unique meals and appealing presentations
- Experience leading high-performance teams with a track record of producing results while motivating team members
- Able to effectively handle the concerns of employees, customers, and clients with tact while adhering to confidentiality policies
- Able to effectively use a computer and all related software, including POS equipment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Benefits start on day one
- Work-life balance
- Competitive Wages
- Extended health benefits.
- Excellent Growth opportunities.
- Employee Referral Program
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
- A true ability to leave your mark and not just be a cog in a giant machine
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.