Full Time - Cook - Afternoons
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Rewarding. Motivating. Fun. Just some of the words employees use to describe their careers at Dana Hospitality. As a part of our team, you are encouraged to strive for excellence in everything you do. Our focus is on personal and
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all main meals as per requirements; and ensuring all meals are prepared and served on time to the highest standards of Dana Hospitality.
Your work will include:
- Use all kinds of cooking method to prepare top quality food including deep-frying, pan-frying, broiling, baking, boiling, grilling, sautéing, steaming and other methods
- Ensure that all meals are prepared within the allocated food budget
- Ensure consistency in food delivery including cooking, handling, storing and labeling products in accordance with FOODSAFE standards
- Perform other duties in final food presentation including plating and garnishing
- Operate all kinds of commercial and non-commercial kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, steamers, grills, broilers and other equipment
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen area
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive Wages
- Extended health benefits - Day 1
- Excellent Growth opportunities.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum1-2 years’ experience in the hospitality / food service industry
- Food Safety certification
- WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
- Great Customer Service
- Professional and Punctual
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.