- Salaried Position Job Grade/Poste salarié Grade de poste: Job Grade 1/Niveau d'emploi 1
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Reporting to the Cleaning Assistant Manager, the cleaning Supervisor has overall responsibility for the day-to-day cleaning operations of the Terminal buildings and surrounding building/areas ensuring they are clean and safe for passengers, airport staff, building tenants and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Terminal Buildings;
• Can prioritize and respond in a timely fashion to all IOCC/SSO and client requests;
• Ensure all frontline staff are assigned duties and deployed to their area of work within 20 minutes;
• Ensure all keys, radios, phones and any other equipment is accounted for at the end of each shift;
• Supervise and direct staff including the daily allocation of duties/general direction and checking of work throughout the day;
• Promote Health and Safety within the team and raise awareness amongst all the staff of appropriate Health and Safety regulations;
• Report any deficiencies to the IOCC/SSO’s/client in a timely fashion;
• Maintain records and submit reports concerning personnel, equipment, supplies and general non-routine activities;
• Ensure effective and economical use of cleaning materials and equipment;
• Ensure adequate supplies of cleaning materials and equipment are available to staff as required;
• As part of the team, take delivery of cleaning products/equipment and relocate to relevant storage areas and take necessary action to correct any equipment in need of repair or replacement;
• Completes all necessary supervisory training;
• Organizes and delivers training to frontline staff, including specialized cleaning. Monitors, documents and ensures the ongoing training of all personnel;
• Ensures additional follow-up reviews of training for all new hires. Inspects/audits cleaning procedures with personnel of the assigned area; recommends, corrects and implements changes in procedures as necessary;
• Promote effective communication between shift/teams, providing daily updates as necessary on all operational issues and concerns;
• Initial investigation and reporting of absences. As necessary reorganize staff schedules to cover areas during holidays, sickness and changes in weather conditions;
• Sets an example for associates to follow by incorporating safe work practices in all aspects of their activities and abiding by the clients & company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Complete Employee injury reports, offers modified work as necessary and follow up on employee status; Assists injured workers to the fullest extent to ensures participation in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
• Investigates incidents/injuries/near misses to determine root cause and immediately implement any corrective actions – Reports injuries within 24-hours to the WCB Claims Department
• Investigates any incidents between employees including but not limited to violence in the workplace and harassment allegations.
• Ensures safety devices and PPE are available and properly utilized.
• Ensures use of Technology by frontline staff is being used; and
• Ensures prescribed technology for daily supervisor tasks, reporting and auditing are used as required.
• Motivate and encourage staff to work efficiently and achieve a high standard of work;
• Recommend various personnel action including, but not limited to attendance monitoring; progressive discipline, new hire probationary reviews and assists with annual performance appraisals;
• Liaise with tenants and GTAA building services in the absence of the Assistant Manager;
• Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of company and employee related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential or sensitive information; and
• Performs all other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned from time to time.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment;
- Previous experience supervising a team;
- Customer and client focused;
- The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedures;
- Health and Safety experience including understanding the Supervisors responsibilities under OHSA;
- Basic office skills including but not limited to email, word, excel
- Ability to use IOS Technology base platforms.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Smart appearance and professional manner;
- Resilience, with the ability to work under pressure; Pearson is a 24/7 business environment. Supervisors will be required to work the hours that will encompass the core shift hours for client visits. Weekend and statutory holiday work are required
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work; able to manage own time and the time of others;
- Able to understand information given and to convey information effectively to employees;
- Use equipment and materials as appropriate to the task; and
- Adapt to operational changes as required/instructed by management from time-to-time.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Airport RAIC
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
- Yearly pay increases
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.