Food & Hospitality Services Associate
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
As a Food & Hospitality Services Associate, reporting to the Chef Manager, you will perform a variety of food preparation, presentation and customer service-based tasks within the food services operation. This position requires food preparation experience, excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, working in a fast paced, results oriented environment, participating in millstone training opportunities for career advancement.
Your work will include:
- Shadow Red Seal Chef/Kitchen Manager to develop advanced kitchen skill including; menu planning, nutrition accounting, food ordering, kitchen /food safety check lists, allergy requirements
- Prepare items and assume responsibilities for any job task associated with an assigned service station.
- Adhere to all required health and safety regulations and procedures while preparing food including:
- Using proper techniques when using the tools, supplies, and equipment provided (i.e. knives, ovens, cleaning materials).
- Wearing and correctly using proper personal protective equipment (i.e. non-slip shoes, cut-resistant gloves).
- Complying with FoodSafe standards including the recording of all time temperature sensitive food items.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area, including equipment, kitchen, and dining area. Clean dishes and cutlery manually or with the dishwasher.
- Remain an ambassador of goodwill, ethics, and great client relations at all times on behalf of Horizon North – Outland.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times, supporting an environment that strives to create healthy, tasty and fun culinary experiences.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Foodservice experience in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude.
- Safe Food Handling Certification an asset.
- First Aid Certification an asset.
- Professional and Punctual.
- Quick learner, follow instructions and ability to work independently.
- Workers must pass a Vulnerable Sector Background Check.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work Life Balance
- Competitive Wages
- Benefits to start immediately upon employment
- Career advancement opportunities
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
For the Indigenous Workforce Development Stream.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Program. It is a requirement under this program that the selected candidate for this position self-identify as an Indigenous person. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream