WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is 20 days on and 10 days off, with 12-hour workdays. Transportation is provided to site from a designated pick-up point.
The Chef is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the kitchen; ordering food ingredients and planning menu, including other responsibilities such as assisting with the preparation, serving, and control of cooked and uncooked food, training of staff and ensuring that staff follows prescribed Horizon North Food Safety protocol.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing and a fitness assessment, as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Prepare, present, design, and serve high quality rotational menus
- Supervise all kitchen staff’s productivity and compliance with Horizon North policies and procedures including health, safety, and quality
- Lead in the training, developing, and mentoring of employees
- Ensure all foods are prepared using FOODSAFE and Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) methods, and in accordance with Horizon North safety guidelines
- Ensure all labour and chemical resources are used effectively and efficiently
- Serve clients and staff in a personable and professional manner
- Use knowledge and understanding of dietary restrictions; allergies, vegan, and vegetarian in meal planning and preparation
- Conduct inventory on a bi-weekly basis
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance with a 20 days on/10 days off rotation.
- Extended health and dental benefits that are fully covered.
- Travel time is paid.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You’re a Journeyperson or have an interprovincial Red Seal Certificate
- You have SafeCheck advanced food safety certification or HACCP certification
- You have at least 10 years’ experience in the hospitality / food service industry
- You have at least 10 years’ experience as a Chef in hotels, resorts, restaurants and/or remote lodge, with the cooking competency and knowledge of international and domestic cuisines
- You have knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, GFS, Outlook)
- You have extensive knowledge of menu costing, recipe cards implementation and wage control
- You have an excellent practical and theoretical background in all areas of the kitchen ie: Hot Kitchens, Cold Kitchens, Pastry / Bakery, Butchery and Banquets dealing with large numbers of guests;
- You have an effective leadership style, positive outgoing personality and effective listening skills
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.