Breakfast Cook - Ascot Lodge, BC
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Rewarding. Motivating. Fun. Just some of the words employees use to describe their careers at Horizon North. As a part of our team, you are encouraged to strive for excellence in everything you do. Our focus is on personal and professional growth and we value our employees as the center of Horizon North’s success.
Based at our remote location Ascot Lodge near Stewart BC, the regular shift for this position is 20 days on and 10 days off, with 11-hour workdays. Transportation is provided to site from Terrace or Kitwanga.
The Breakfast Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all main meals as per requirements; and ensuring all meals are prepared and served on time to the highest standards of Horizon North.
Your work will include:
- Cook a variety of appetizing meals which includes breakfast items such as eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, etc
- Use all kinds of cooking method to prepare top quality food including deep-frying, pan-frying, broiling, baking, boiling, grilling, sautéing, steaming and other methods
- Ensure that all meals are prepared within the allocated food budget
- Ensure consistency in food delivery including cooking, handling, storing and labeling products in accordance with FOODSAFE standards
- Perform other duties in final food presentation including plating and garnishing
- Operate all kinds of commercial and non-commercial kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, steamers, grills, broilers and other equipment
- Assist in menu planning, inventory counts and grocery orders
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of dining room and kitchen areas
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the hospitality / food service industry
- Minimum 1 year prior experience as a Sous Chef in hotels, resorts, restaurants and/or camps, with the cooking competency and knowledge of international and domestic cuisines
- Must have an excellent practical and theoretical background in all areas of the kitchen i.e: Hot Kitchens, Cold Kitchens, Pastry / Bakery, Butchery and Banquets dealing with large numbers of guests;
- FoodSafe Level I is minimum. SafeCheck advanced food safety certification or HACCP certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of Computer programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Sysco, Outlook)
- Successful candidate MUST obtain a 80% make or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance with a 20 days on/10 days off rotation.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
Follow Horizon North on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.