Kitchen Support (Prep Cook)
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
This role is a development to your future career within the culinary industry. This role will take you to one of our established lodges and prepare you for working in a high volume kitchen environment completing multiple tasks. Once you have completed a full rotation at our lodge you will proceed to a site with gained experience in the remote camp and catering industry.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing and a fitness assessment, as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Wash, scrub, clean, and sanitize designated kitchen and dining areas
- Clean kitchen and dining room floors and tables
- Clean refrigerators, ovens, and other kitchen equipment
- Wash pots, dishes, glasses, cups, etc., after each meal and as required
- Deep cleaning as required
- Restock and rotate desserts, sandwiches, beverages, and condiments
- Assist in loading, unloading, and placing supplies and inventory
- Ensure health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
- Ensure consistent quality standards in food preparation as per client’s requirements and safety and sanitation in kitchen in accordance with Food Safe protocol.
- Prepare food items for Sandwich Making including select and cut breads, cut and wrap sandwiches, slice cold meats and cheese by hand or machine, and distribute meats, fillings, garnish and other ingredients on breads
- Visually inspect appearance of all cold food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal
- Check and control proper storage of all food items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness
- Prepare and set up a full salad bar for lunch and supper
- Ensure food stocks are utilized effectively
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum 6 months’ kitchen or catering experience in Food Service Industry, hospitality environment or remote lodge setting
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have at least FoodSafe Level I. SafeCheck advanced food safety certification or HACCP certification is an asset.
- You are able to prioritize multiple demands and organize a work schedule
- You are able to obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Training is provided.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.