Kitchen Support - Cook - Remote
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
This role is a development to your future career within the culinary industry. This role will take you to one of our established lodges and prepare you for working in a high volume kitchen environment completing multiple tasks.
The Kitchen Support - Cook Positions is a generic posting for multiple positions at Argonaut Gold - Magino Lodge located in Dubreuilville. Kitchen Support & Cooks are responsible for assisting in the overall kitchen operations and maintenance as well as cleaning and sanitizing of designated kitchen areas, tools, equipment, pots, and dishes, making sandwiches, prepping and preparing for cold and hot meals within the lodge.
Your work may include:
- Ensure consistent quality standards in food preparation as per client’s requirements and safety and sanitation in kitchen in accordance with Food Safe protocol.
- Prepare food items for Sandwich Making including select and cut breads, cut and wrap sandwiches, slice cold meats and cheese by hand or machine, and distribute meats, fillings, garnish and other ingredients on breads
- Visually inspect appearance of all cold food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal
- Check and control proper storage of all food items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness
- Prepare and set up a full salad bar for lunch and supper
- Ensure food stocks are utilized effectively
- Preparing and baking goods
- Preparing and cooking breakfast
- Restocking pastry shelves and maintaining a sufficient and fresh supply of baked goods
- Creating and following menus to ensure quality of breakfast, baked goods and desserts
- Wrapping and dating all baked goods in accordance with production schedule
- Ensuring consistent quality standard in over-all food preparation as per clients’ requirements including consideration to special dietary constraints
- Ensuring proper equipment operation, safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Complying with food hygiene regulations in accordance with Food Safety Act
- You are ready and capable to work in a remote location on rotation schedule.
- You are able to obtain a mark of 90% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System), Occupational Health & Safety, and Site-Base orientation
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.