Airport Operations Field Foreman
- Salaried Position Job Grade/Poste salarié Grade de poste: Job Grade 3/Niveau d'emploi 3
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Airfield Operations Foreman in the Airside Operations Department. Reporting to the District Manager , the successful candidate will work on the runways, taxiways and aprons of a remote Airport in Nunavut to ensure safe and efficient operations at all times. Working alongside a dedicated team of individuals they will contribute to a variety of airfield projects.
This is a rotational opportunity
Proponent’s key personnel providing the Services must demonstrate current working knowledge of the following airport legislation, regulations, standards, and associated training
a) Airport Structural and Operational Standards:
• Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices TP312E 4th & 5th Edition:
• CARs 621 Standard Obstruction Markings
• Wildlife Control Procedures
b) Airport Navigation Services and Standards:
• Canadian NOTAM Procedures Manual TP973E
c) Airport Acts, Regulations and Standards:
• Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
• Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) Part III – Airports
• Notice of Proposed Amendments (NPAs) accessed through
• Aeronautics Act
• Canadian Aviation Security Regulations
f) Training and Experience
Proponents must provide evidence that they have good working knowledge of the following training or provide evidence of having a combination of training and experience to demonstrate their ability to effectively manage the Work and meet the necessary regulated standards:
• Human & Organizational Factors;
• Airport Wildlife Control;
• Basic Airport Winter Operations including de-icing procedures;
• Emergency Management Training (including any Transport Canada required tabletop and live exercise training experience);
• Safety Management Systems Practical (SMS);
• Runway Friction Reporting with GRF (AMSCR - GRF);
• Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices (TP312) 4th edition and 5th editions;
• Airport Operations (AODP) diploma or detail equivalent experience/training - the AODO will provide participants with a broad understanding of Airport Operations in the areas of Airside Operations, Terminal and Landside Operations and Business Operations
• Restricted Radio/Telephone Operations Licence
• Airside Vehicle Operators (AVOP) Permit Procedures
• Current WHMIS training (2015)
• Current TDG training
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- We provide training.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.