Carpenter Journeyman - Afternoons
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Join our NRB Modular Solutions team, where our people are driven by a desire to innovate, do social good, and move construction forward.
As a Journeyperson Carpenter, you will be responsible for the construction, erection, installation and repair of structures and components of portable buildings that are made of wood, wood-substitutes, steel and other materials. Based in our Calgary manufacturing plant, this is a full time position working Monday to Thursday, 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM (40 hours a week).
$500 Signing Bonus available to new hires after 3 months of employment!
Your work will include:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Start and complete job according to drawings and specifications.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join moldings, wood materials, drywall and plastic materials.
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings and hardware.
- Instruct apprentices and carpenter’s helpers/labourers as required.
- These tasks require work with the following tools: sawzall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills, drill press and air tools.
- Complete daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre-Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Abide by all safety rules & procedures.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- RRSP Matching of 5% and extended health & dental benefits that start right away.
- Award winning safety culture.
- Continuous work indoors year-round!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
- $500 Wellness and Independent Education Program.
- $500 Sign on Bonus and Referral Bonus program.
- Competitive wage from $30.89 - $34.32/hour, depending on experience.
- $2/hour premium for Afternoon Shifts.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ticketed Carpenter.
- Knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry is required.
- Must have completed the C of Q for Carpentry.
- 5+ years of related knowledge and experience in the carpentry trade.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.