HVAC Technician on Demand
- 5637 67 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 2R8, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Are you looking for a company that values quality workmanship, offers a supportive culture and opportunities to train and advance your career? As a premier facilities management division, we’re looking to bring your talents in to our growing team.
As a member of our HVAC/R service team, you will be responsible for managing troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs, retrofits, new installs, and ongoing recommendations for our clients across the area. Our clients are Federal and Municipal government sites, Post Secondary Institutions, Commercial Property Managers and National Retailers.
- Reporting to the Mechanical Operation Manager, a typical day at Dexterra on Demand would include the following:
- Attend client sites to perform preventative maintenance or diagnose, troubleshoot, and action repair requests
- Work with our centralized dispatch coordinator to complete tasks on time, attend sites in an efficient manner, return to tasks when parts become available, and request additional resources as required
- As a full facilities service provider, we have HVAC/R Mechanics, Plumbers, Electricians and General/Handymen available to assist with any scope of work
- Provide recommendations to the Operations Manager to fine tune client operations (new/refurb assets, solutions to reoccurring problems, etc.)
- Log and complete all work requests through our fully electronic, mobile application software
- Maintain truck stock inventory, tools catalogue and truck servicing schedule
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a qualified tradesperson who takes pride in their craft, ownership of their jobs, and enjoys interacting with site managers. Our service technicians are the face of our team; we take due care to put the right people together for a long-term fit.
- Licensed 313A technician with a minimum of 3 years in a service environment
- G1 gas certified would be an asset
- Experience working across an array of buildings and types of assets/equipment
- Ability to obtain security clearance (Federal and Local)
- Can do, collaborative attitude
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Great working environment, supported by a centralized office team and technical field leads
- Competitive Pay, Steady hours, OT available
- Benefits and Pension Match programs available on Day 1
- Work truck, phone/tablet, tools outfitting, etc.
- All commercial sites, no residential
- Flexible scheduling, dispatch coordination to work close to home
- On call rotation every 8 weeks, tenured technicians support technically
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.