Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice
- 285028 Frontier Road, Rocky View County, Calgary Alberta T1X 0V9, Rocky View County, AB, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Join our NRB Modular Solutions team, where our people are driven by a desire to innovate, do social good, and move construction forward.
As a Carpenter you will be responsible for the construction of structures and components of portable buildings that are made of wood, wood-substitutes, and other materials.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join moldings, wood materials, drywall and plastic materials.
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings and hardware.
- Instruct apprentices and carpenter’s helpers/labourers as required.
- These tasks require work with the following tools: sawzall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills, drill press and air tools.
- Complete daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre-Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Full time - Monday to Friday.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Opportunity to learn under Journeyperson.
- Award winning safety culture.
- Work indoors year-round.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education background equivalent to high school is required.
- Knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry is considered an asset.
- Must have taken some courses in carpentry/wood-working.
- 2+ years of related knowledge and experience in the carpentry trade.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.