Sanitizing Cleaner - Winnipeg Airport
- 2000 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 1H5, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
The Sanitizing Cleaner will ensure a sanitary environment, securing and maintaining tools/equipment used to perform the day to day cleaning and maintenance of the facility. Full time positions work 32 - 40 hours/week and part time work 4 - 32 hours/week. $14.50/hr
Your work will include:
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces in public and private areas including washrooms, offices, elevator/escalator buildings, and play areas including furniture
- Dust all visible surfaces within reach which includes counter tops, pillars, lighting fixtures, window ledges and vents
- Spot clean all floors and wash thoroughly as required , burnishers, and other cleaning equipment as required.
- Complete all risk management, and any other logs as directed
- Communicate via radio or site cell phone and report any deficiencies – to security and account manager
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Career advancement opportunities.
- On site parking pass.
- Initial, classroom, on-floor and annual recurrent training.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A great attitude! With APPROVED Security! RAIC an asset
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to and from the airport. Some shifts will start as early as 5:30am and some shifts will end as late as 4:00am.
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC); this requires a clear criminal record, no exceptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (read and write) in English.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work statutory(Christmas, New Years day, etc.) and other holidays (like Easter Sunday/Monday).
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) is an asset.
- Preference will be given to those with open full time availability (Able to work any any time on any day of the week).
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.