Cleaner - Peterborough
- 599 Brealey Dr, Peterborough, ON K9K 2R8, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a Cleaner, reporting to the Account Manager, you will ensure a sanitary environment, securing and maintaining tools/equipment used to perform the day to day work and performing other duties as assigned or requested. This position is for the City of Peterborough.
Your work will include:
- Common area cleaning and washrooms
- Collecting and transporting garbage
- Sweeping and mopping the floor and vacuuming the carpets
- High dusting the common area
- Cleaning windows
- Operating the auto scrubber
- Operating the carpet extractor
- Snow removal and ice melt application
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- We provide training.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A great attitude!
- At least one (1) year experience in cleaning.
- Able to communicate with supervisor, Client and general public
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials.
- A civil servant application is required.
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
- Mandatory double vaccination for COVID-19
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.