HVAC Maintenance Technician
- 701 Oxford St E, London, ON N5Y, Canada
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
We work diligently behind the scenes to make our clients’ day-to-day operations succeed. Not because it’s what our clients want. But rather, what they need. Thousands of people count on them. And on us. For the seamless experiences to carry on with their day – to shop, study, catch a plane, recover in a hospital, work in town or far from home.
No other company delivers service, safety and quality like we do. Our expertise is matched only by our long-standing relationships. From the largest cities to the most remote corners, years of experience have taught us that relationships come above all else. It’s why we take the time to get to know our clients. To understand their customers and the complexities of their business. It’s how we provide innovative solutions that address their unique needs – going above and beyond.
- Planned preventative and reactive maintenance at Military sites throughout the London region to HRV, HWT, boilers, furnace, Smoke and CO detectors and air conditioning units. Including, but not limited to, filter changes, coil cleaning, replacing belts, pulleys, bearings, pump seals and associated assemblies, combustion test, balancing and adjusting.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and works safety, TSSA.
- Conducts risk assessments and developed pre-work safety plans / job plans.
- Reviews assigned work orders and process through CMMS software.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs
- In partnership with the planner, orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with client, employees, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Transport of tools and materials to work sites.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior maintenance technicians.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and control drawings; knowledge of building automation system, life safety system, electrical systems and HVAC including boilers, chiller, pumps, motors, heat exchanger, AHU etc.
- Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans.
- Basic understanding of floor plans, work order system and security.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Ability to understand powered and non-powered tools.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office preferred and ability to work within CMMS
- Problem solving and basic analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have and maintain clear criminal and domestic record to obtain Level2- Secret security clearance for federal and military establishments- must have over 10 years of Canadian residency
- Grade XII diploma required.
- Must Have G2 Gas certificate – Mandatory, Preference to G1 Gas Certificate for work on steam boiler systems.
- Must Have HVAC certificate of qualification as a refrigeration mechanic and air conditioning mechanic required with ODP card.
- Post-secondary college education preferred
- HVAC TQ preferred
- 3 + years of directly comparable experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Documented proof of Worker or Supervisor health and safety awareness training, as applicable
KEY MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY:
Manager: Deputy Project Manager
Direct Reports: None
Peers: Project Coordinators
Business stakeholders: : Operation coordinators, FMT’s, DCC inspectors, DCC project coordinators