Seasonal - Cleaner/ Porter
- 935 Marine Dr, North Vancouver, BC V7P 1S3, Canada
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors. At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity. Because, service matters!
• Accountability: We don’t just walk by. We own our successes and our setbacks. If we see something wrong, we act to resolve it. If we see something right, we celebrate it.
• Diversity of Thought: Everyone has a voice. Listening to and sharing different perspectives is how we learn. It’s how we make progress and move forward as a team.
• Empowerment: We’re empowered to make decisions. But with freedom comes responsibility. We accept it, sharing and learning from the outcomes.
• Highly Responsive: Service is what we sell. Asking for, listening to and acting on client feedback is how we create long term, successful partnerships.
We're looking for a motivated, quality-driven Seasonal - Cleaner/ Porter to join our team at Capilano Mall. This position is part-time.
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Cleaner/ Porter will ensure a germ-free environment, while cleaning and maintaining floors, washrooms and garbage bins of the facility and complete other cleaning duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Cleaning and sanitizing that includes washrooms, common and play areas
- Replenish any used or missing supplies (toilet rolls, hand towels, hand soap)
- Dust all visible surfaces within reach which includes phone booths, counter tops, pillars, lighting fixtures, window ledges and vents
- Spot clean all lobby floors and wash thoroughly as required
- Vacuum all entrance mats in lobbies
- Clean elevator / escalator floor guides, rails and cabs
- Wash and polish floor as per weekly schedule provided by supervisor
- Sweep, mop or pressure wash staircases in the parking lot outside of the building
- Other reasonable requests from Management.
- Attend all required Health and Safety training
- Follow safe work instructions and assists in prevention
- Complies with Health and Safety regulations and Company policies
- Does not operate any equipment without prior training
- Use all required PPE where indicated
- Reports any unsafe conditions, hazards and all workplace injuries
- Participates in the early and safe return to work process as per our policy.
We are looking for..
- A Great Attitude!
- A good communicator with interpersonal skills.
- At least one (1) year experience in cleaning.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials.
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.