Cleaner (Heavy Duty) - Evenings
- 215 Ontario St S, Milton, ON L9T 4N5, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a heavy duty evening Cleaner, you will be responsible for cleaning of all hard floor surfaces, the cleaning of all surfaces, the collection and removal of garbage from drop point to a garbage bin or compactor. The evening shift is 4:00PM – 12:00PM.
Your work will include:
- Maintaining the floors; the washing/scrubbing of floors is done with hand held or walk behind buffing machines. In open area applications automatic equipment may be used to perform these function
- Cleaning and sanitizing that includes washrooms, common and entrance areas
- Replenishing any used or missing supplies (toilet rolls, hand towels, hand soap)
- Dusting all visible surfaces within reach which includes phone booths, counter tops, pillars, lighting fixtures, window ledges and vents
- Cleaning and polishing chrome and other polished metal surfaces
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- We will provide training.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A great attitude!
- Floor care experience an asset (able to scrub, buff and polish floors)
- Able to operate cleaning equipment and machine
- Able to communicate with supervisor, Client and general public
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift up to 25lbs
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.