Electrician (1st to 3rd year apprentice)
- 285062 Frontier Rd, Alberta T1X 0N2, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Join our NRB Modular Solutions team, where our people are driven by a desire to innovate, do social good, and move construction forward.
As a 1st to 3rd Year Electrical Apprentice , reporting to the Lead Hand, you will participate in the installation of the electrical components in assembly of temporary and permanent buildings, additions, partitions and wood structured fixtures according to electrical scopes and prints. Monday to Friday - 7am to 3:30pm
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Majority of work done with lumex wire, with some work including BX, Tech Cable, and Cab tire.
- Perform meggering.
- Install fire alarm systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs.
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls, panel boxes, HVAC units, and furnaces.
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits.
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Apprentice - opportunity to learn under Journeyperson.
- Award winning safety culture.
- Work indoors year-round.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- An educational background equivalent to high school.
- Completion of minimum of 1st electrical training at an accredited University or College with the appropriate level of work experience hours
- Practical knowledge of the applications of electrical techniques and methods normally acquired through trade certification.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.